Megan is a professional dancer and actress in Los Angeles appearing in multiple star-studded music videos, national advertisement campaigns, and feature films. We are so happy that Megan commutes down to Orange County to teach lyrical jazz, musical theater, and private dance lessons at local dance studio Huntington Academy of Dance.
We asked Megan,”What is in your dance bag?!”
1. Black bag. Megan’s signature style is classic Hollywood glamour, but with a little edge. Megan keeps everything she owns, and dances in, a neutral shade of classic black.
2. Bunheads Toe Tape. Megan’s feet are subject to some bashing on the many dance floors she performs, teaches, and rehearses on. Toe Tape saves the day by protecting her little piggies from blisters and bumps. ($5.00. Available at Dance Threadz.)
3. Five extra pairs of black socks. No shoes for this modern-dancing maven! Being a lyrical teacher keeps her dancing 7+ hours a day, so she prefers to be comfortable and free to spin in basic black socks.
4. Bottle of Advil. As an experienced dancer, Megan knows that a long day in the studio affects her body in both good and bad ways. Advil helps to ease those aches and pains associated with the hard-core moves we dancers put ourselves through.
5. Red Lipstick. In case of a last minute audition, or a quick make-up touch up, Megan always keeps her favorite red lipstick handy.
6. Bunheads Theraband. Available in three different strengths, Therabands are an essential part of any dancer’s life. Your ankles, and all the muscles surrounding those bones, need to be kept healthy and strong. Megan uses her Theraband to warm up her body before class, and in her down time to help protect her muscles. ($10.00. Available at Dance Threadz.)
Come by Dance Threadz to check out more of our dancer essentials!
16481 Springdale St.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
What’s in your dance bag?! Post your three favorite things in the comments below!!